Excelsior Amusement Park operated on the shores of Lake Minnetonka from 1925 until 1973. With a roller coaster, funhouse and carousel, the park offered a respite for Twin Cities residents, who often arrived pale and slightly bitter, but always left refreshed. XLCR is an amber-colored American pale ale that combines a moderate, pleasantly floral hop aroma with a satisfying malty sweetness from specialty malts.
- Substantial malt presence
- Floral, hoppy, flavorful
- A Peanut Butter Cup in a glass. Each keg contains 1/4lbs of peanut butter cups.
- Moderate mouth feel
- Lingering citrus hop finish
- Burger or steak off the grill, leafy greens, chicken, and even fish
- English cheese such as Cheddar, Derby with sage
- Pumpkin flan, maple bread pudding, bananas Foster